Ice Cream Social (Friday)
VFW Post 2172 of Gallatin hosts, with free will donations appreciated.
Charity Pool Marathon (Friday & Saturday)
Fundraiser — a 24-hour billiards event to benefit Compassus at Moon Mullins Family Pool Hall, east side of square
Chautauqua Beer Garden (Friday & Saturday)
Gallatin Country Club offering a secure, private “sports bar” setting under a tent on the east side of the square. Sports TV and music other than times scheduled for live Chautauqua performances. Proceeds to benefit Gallatin Country Club.
Gallatin Lions Club Breakfast (Saturday)
Biscuits & gravy breakfast served at the Lions Club Community Bldg., 801 West Grand Street, from 7 to 10 a.m. on Saturday, Sept. 16. Proceeds benefit Gallatin Lions Club.
4th Annual Chili Cookoff / Raffle (Saturday)
Sponsored by Daviess County Business Women’s Association, who also will conduct a fundraising raffle offering a 3-day vacation package to the raffle winner. Proceeds from the Chili Cookoff and raffle help fund a $500 scholarship for a graduating senior girl attending a Daviess County public school. For more information, call Judy Vyrostek 660.244.1411 or Janie McKinsey.
Gilman City Lions Club Raffle
Offering raffle tickets for a gun and money prizes at a vendor booth. Proceeds to benefit Gilman City Lions Club.
Pancake Breakfast (Sunday)
Pancakes and all the trimmings under the tent at the SE corner of the courthouse square, sponsored by Small Community Big Heart and Friends in Service; Angela Williams, chairperson
- Made from Scratch — Funnel cakes, nachos, fried pickles & fritters, sandwiches & more. Owned & operated by Patty Toeneboehn, Gallatin.
- Jannys Java — Coffees, teas, lemonades and specialty drinks such as smoothies. A coffeehouse on wheels owned and operated by Janelle Leeper, Gallatin.
- It’s A Wrap — Wraps, salads, chips, drinks and ice cream, owned and operated by Becca Hodges, Gallatin.
- PW Catering — Tenderloins, hot dogs, and drinks, owned and operated by Penny Webb, Humphreys, Mo.
- Cookseys Kettlecorn — Kettlecorn by Dan and Sue Kooksey, Laredo, MO.
More may be announced (vendor registration required)
Local businesses offering food include the following:
- Casey’s General Store, 304 N. Main — 660.663.3913 (open 24 hours)
- Corner Café & Pizza, 101 Main Street — 660.663.3162
- Mi Mexico Restaurant, 400 N. Main — 660.663.2084
- South Side Tavern, 903 S. Main — 660.663.4094
- Subway, 107 N. Main — 660.663.2029
- Food also for purchase at Dungy’s Market, Dollar General, Shopko